[vtkusers] Getting x,y coordinates in vtkRenderWindow

Shaun Selha busds at bu.edu
Mon Jul 16 17:33:16 EDT 2001

To all Users:

    I had a posted a previous question on this matter to the group, but
unfortuneately I don't think I was specific enough about my problem and
the platform I am using.  I recieved some help and segments of code from
some very nice people, but unfortuneatly it was for using vtk in a TCL
environment and I am  using it with a C++ based GUI.  So let me rephrase
the question.  I am doing a project in which I import some objects and
make them actors to display in a vtkRenderWindow.  In the
vtkRenderWindow I use a vtkRenderWindowInteractor in order to zoom, pan,
and rotate the actors in the screen.  I wish, however, to be able to
click on a specific actor in the render window and obtain the x,y, and z
coordinates of that clicked point. Due to the urgency in which I need to
solve this part of the problem any help would be great.  If anybody has
a working sample program that does this so I can examine it and figure
out exactly what I am doing wrong, that would be a great help.  Thank
you for your help ahead of time.  Please email responses to busds at bu.edu

Shaun Selha