[vtkusers] principal axes

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Fri Jul 13 17:15:02 EDT 2001

Hello Kiran,

vtkOBBTree has a method which essentially does this:

   // Compute an OBB from the list of points given. Return the corner point
   // and the three axes defining the orientation of the OBB. Also return
   // a sorted list of relative "sizes" of axes for comparison purposes.
   void ComputeOBB(vtkPoints *pts, float corner[3], float max[3],
                   float mid[3], float min[3], float size[3]);

Lisa