[vtkusers] Artifacts when displaying non convex polygons

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Fri Jul 13 04:30:26 EDT 2001

On Thursday 12 July 2001 23:23, John Biddiscombe wrote:
> No no. There has never been concave polygon support AFAIK. You need to use
> a vtktrianglefilter if in doubt. (For rendering, polygons can be as
> degenerate or faulty in any way when simply defining them)
>
> JB

If this is correct is it just by chance that I get a correct intersection
with a plane?

It may be, but the code in vtkPolygon.c worries a lot about handling
non-convex polygons.

Isn't it just the GL renderer as traced by Randy Heiland?

But if it isn't and there is no concave polygon support I would suggest a
clarification of the comment/manual.

Regards