[vtkusers] interaction during visualisation

Rhialto news at rhialto.f2s.com
Thu Jul 12 04:50:00 EDT 2001

Hello all,

i have the following problem:

i'm visualising the output of a simulation by giving some polygons
certain colours. I want to do this while the simulation runs, but I
also want the user to be able to interact with the visualisation. In
other words, i  want to be able to generate events that tell the
visualisation program to update the colours of the polygonal mesh while
the user can rotate/zoom etc.

The point is that once i start the event loop of the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor, i don't get control of execution back. Does
anyone have an idea how i can still update the colours of the polygons
while the event loop keeps catching the mouse and keybord events?

All help is greatly appreciated
Kind Regards
Chris Delnooz