[vtkusers] problem with scaling with wxVTKRenderWindow

Juerg Tschirren juerg-tschirren at uiowa.edu
Wed Jul 11 16:43:55 EDT 2001

I wrote a VTK application in Python with wxPython. The problem I run into
is mit wxVTKRenderWindow. When I slide the mouse with the right
mouse-button pressed my scene scales similar like it does with
vtkRenderWindow. But the difference is that, if I scale to much in or out,
my objects "clip" off, means they disapear.

  For example if I scale down (right mouse-botton pressed and moving the
mouse towards me), then in wxVTKRenderWindow all the objects disapear
after a short mouse-movement, whereas with vtkRenderWindow the objects are
getting smaller and smaller till they finally "melt together" in one
single point.

  Does anybody know what is causing that? How can I avoid this clipping?

Juerg