[vtkusers] vtkHexahedron - more than cubes?

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 11 08:19:29 EDT 2001

A hexahedron and a stellated dodecahedron may be the same to topologists, but
not to the rest of us.  A hex, by definition, has 6 faces.  A stellated
dodecahedron has, well, a lot more than 6 :)

However, your question prompted a fun little VTK/Python tangent for me and I
created a "Polyhedra" section on my vtk web page:

  http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~heiland/vtk/

This shows one way to construct a dodecahedron.  Maybe I'll stellate it one of
these days... as well as add more polyhedra.

--Randy