[vtkusers] How to Read raw volume file (*.vol) into vtk.

Juerg Tschirren juerg-tschirren at uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 9 13:24:45 EDT 2001

I am experimenting with the same topic right now. It looks like
vtkImageImport is your best bet if you are working with C++.

  In case you work with Python then there is a script called
vtkImageImportFromArray.py coming with VTK that can convert a
NumericalPython array into a VTK image. All you have to do then is getting
your raw data into a NumPy array first.

  Let me know if you find a better solution.

Juerg