[vtkusers] Re: downloading man pages

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Tue Jul 3 14:43:25 EDT 2001

At 03/07/2001 19:05, Sebastien BARRE wrote:
>At 03/07/2001 12:39 -0400, Alexandre Guimond wrote:
>
>>As far as I know (and I might be wrong), CVS doesn't care about
>>modification time, but only file differences.  Hence, if most of the
>>header files are not modified, the checkins shouldn't be important and
>>the update time wouldn't be that big.
>
>I guess you are right. If a script commit the whole doxygen doc once it
>has been re-created, the CVS server will compute the diff and if it's
>empty, it won't increment the corresponding file's version.
>
>So I guess it's feasible.

Let's answer to my own question. No Sebastien, it's not that feasible :)

Each doxygen-generated page has a footer displaying the Doxygen logo, the
Doxygen credits and... the date/time the page was generated. Thus, although
the contents of the page might be exactly identical, there will always be a
small difference, thus the CVS server will increment the file's version. It
means that all pages will be updated by the CVS client. Of course, the sum
of the updates (i.e. the difference with the previous footer) will be
smaller than the whole archive.