[vtkusers] bilinear, trilinear interpolation..

K. R. Subramanian krs at cs.uncc.edu
Sun Jul 1 14:45:07 EDT 2001

David Gobbi wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, K. R. Subramanian wrote:
>
> > David Gobbi wrote:
> >
> > > I just remembered another method for interpolation: you can
> > > use vtkImplicitDataSet or vtkImplicitVolume to convert the
> > > data into a function.
> >
> > Aha!  This perhaps will serve my purpose. So I can set the volume with the
> > SetVolume (vtkImageData*) call and then query the volume at any point (x,y,z)
> > and it internally interpolates for non-lattice locations, right?
> >
> > Will it just do linear interpolation? I remember in an earlier email
> > that cubic was supported (perhaps for some other classes?)
>
> Cubic interpolation is supported internally in vtkImageReslice, but
> nowhere else (as far as I know).  Which is why I mentioned previously
> that I'd like to move the interpolation code in vtkImageReslice into
> its own imaging class.  Perhaps it could be called 'vtkImplicitImage'
> subclassed from vtkImplicitFunction ;)

I agree. Then we could support a variety of interpolation functions and gives us
more flexibility for use with various applications (for instance, how many derivatives
you would want)

    -- krs

--
Dr. K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (301) 402-0042
National Institutes of Health                 FAX:   (301) 402-4080
National Library of Medicine                  Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Bldg 38A, Rm. B1N30D                          WWW: www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs
8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894