[vtkusers] Blending a curve onto a 3D surface

feigee at us.sina.com feigee at us.sina.com
Tue Jan 30 18:47:14 EST 2001

Sorry, but we are still stucked with this problem and would like to know if any of you have some idea to point us to the right direction...

Basically we have a 3D unstructured surface mesh, and a curve sits on top of it.  (can be a closed curve or non-closed curve, such as a straight line) We need to "blend" this curve into this 3D surface mesh so that the final 3D surface mesh reflects the existence of this curve.  Quality of the resulting mesh is not a concern at this step, so long as it is a valid mesh.

And if we have a set of scattered 3D points, is there any way that we can "re-construct" them into a 3D surface?

Thank you so much for any pointers....

Alan