[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Tue Jan 30 09:33:06 EST 2001

>I want to close a vtk window by the program without user intervension.
>My application is to display a window and when I click "Next" I want the

I do something similar, but with X.  I assume you are using Windows because of
your headers.

What I do in X is:

        if (_iren != NULL) {
            Widget w = ((vtkXRenderWindowInteractor *) _iren)->GetWidget ();
            if (w != NULL) {
                _iren->Disable ();
                XWithdrawWindow (XtDisplay (w), XtWindow (w), 0);
                XtUnmapWidget (w);
                XtDestroyWidget (w);
            }
        }
        _iren->Delete ();

Possibly something similar will work in Windows?  Using FLTK, I can do a
_iren->Delete and the plot window disappears.

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                                                       +
+      joey at swri.org                      "I intend to live forever,       +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey        so far, so good...               +