[vtkusers] [Python + Java?] Unfound GetBounds method.

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Fri Jan 26 16:19:33 EST 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Eric Boix wrote:

>         Hi,
>
>         When using the Python wrappers it seems that a vtkPolyDataMapper()
> object has no GetBounds method (which it should inherit from the vtkMapper
> class). Am I missing something ?

Methods that return a "float *", "int *" etc. are only wrapped if they
are listed in vtk/wrap/hints.  That goes for both python and tcl.  There
have been discussions on the mailing list in the past about how to
eliminate the hints file and have these methods wrapped automatically.
Do a search for 'hints' in the mail archive.

For now, use mapper.GetInput().GetBounds() instead.

 - David