[vtkusers] VTK Builds on Cygwin

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Fri Jan 26 14:33:53 EST 2001

At 26/01/2001 14:14, Bill Hoffman wrote:

>To build with cygwin, just follow the unix build instructions for
>VTK. Both shared and static work. VTK uses the native windows
>OpenGL libraries so acceleration is possible.

Wow, cool, but do you mean the cygwin compiler (gcc), or the cygwin build
environment (configure, shell, but driving the Microsoft Compiler under the
hood). I might be wrong, but I guess you have to link VTK  against
libraries that have been built for Cygwin, am I right ? I know that Tcl/Tk
is bundled with Cygwin, but what about Python & Java ?