[vtkusers] link error

Wolfram H Volpi whv88240 at Bayou.UH.EDU
Fri Jan 26 05:08:08 EST 2001

Sometimes when building vtk I will get a link error for no apperant
reason.  So I delete vtkbin and rebuild from scratch, and everything links
just fine.  The only reason I mind, is that it takes me 50 minutes to
rebiuld vtkbin.

Does this happen to anyone else?

The link error usually involves
vtktclgraphicsobjs.lib(vtkAxesTcl.obj) : error LNK2001

A sample error is listed below.

Thank you,
Wolfv.

making tcl library...
 link.exe @C:\TEMP\nma00199.
   Creating library ..\lib/vtktcl.lib and object ..\lib/vtktcl.exp
vtktclgraphicsobjs.lib(vtkAxesTcl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkAxes *
__cdecl vtkAxes::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkAxes@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
vtktclgraphicsobjs.lib(vtkAttributeDataToFieldDataFilterTcl.obj) : error
LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static
class vtkAttributeDataToFieldDataFilter * __cdecl
vtkAttributeDataToFieldDataFilter::New(void)" (__imp
_?New at vtkAttributeDataToFieldDataFilter@@SAPAV1 at XZ)