[vtkusers] Installation on SunOS 5.7 Ultra 2 Creator 3D System

Mumit Khan khan at NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Thu Jan 25 18:24:09 EST 2001

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Keator, David wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems getting the graphics libraries to compile upon
> installation on this particular SUN box.
> When g++ tries to compile vtkXRenderWindowInteractor.cxx for instance it
> gives a whole series of X11 errors such as:
>
> /usr/openwin/share/include/X11/Xutil.h:701: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
> 'XSetWMHints' with no type
> /usr/openwin/share/include/X11/Xutil.h:770: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
> 'XSetRegion' with no type
> etc...

Right solution, get the patch from Sun that *finally* fixes the problem.
Go the http://sunsolve.sun.com/ and search for 108652-24.

Temporary solution is to edit your system.make file, and replace the
-I/usr/openwin/include -isystem /usr/openwin/include. If you see
a -I/usr/openwin/share/include, so the same.

Regards,
Mumit