[vtkusers] Difference between *Update*() (Was vtkStructuredPointsWriter)

Alexandre Guimond guimond at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 24 10:34:09 EST 2001

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:27:07 -0500
Bill Lorensen <wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com> writes:

> Try
> sp->Update()
>
> before the write

BTW, I've been wondering what the difference is between
vtkSource::Update() and vtkSource::UpdateWholeExtent().  In my
applications, it seems that vtkSource::UpdateWholeExtent() is more
appropriate since it actually "does whatever needs to be done", that
is it actually updates the whole output.  I'm also wondering what the
difference is between vtkImageData::Update(),
vtkImageData::UpdateData() and vtkImageData::UpdateAndReturnData().
Can someone explain the difference between all of these?  Many thx if
you can.

regards,
--
Alexandre Guimond, Ph.D. guimond at bwh.harvard.edu Phone:(617) 278-0800