[vtkusers] Fixed My Problem

Christopher White c_white40 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 01:52:54 EST 2001

I found out my problem with the crashes in the examples.  I did the -g
option and pulled it up in gdb.  Then I found out that the problem was with
glXCurrentContext() (knowing that it had to be MesaGL).  I also remembered
(I guess I'm too used to this) that I had an nVidia card which is kind of
ok... as to support in linux.  I then realized from a couple of forums for
other programs that used nVidia cards that I needed the latest mesa release
which red hat did not have.  For all people that do have RedHat, I recomend
that you go to Caldera's ftp site and pick up their Mesa-devel and Mesa
RPM'S.  That's what I did (I was at COMDEX and picked up tons of Linux
CD's).  So there you have it.  Examples work fine and don't crash one me at
any point.

Thanks,
Chris White