[vtkusers] How to use CVS on Win

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Wed Jan 17 18:27:46 EST 2001

At 17/01/2001 17:25, anast.jm at pg.com wrote:

>There have been a few instances where data files have only been available
>through cvs. Can someone point me to an explaination of how to access files
>using cvs on Windows NT...thanks, john

Sure John, it's easy.
For the moment, get familiar with CVS by downloading a nice GUI client.
WinCvs is your buddy :
http://www.wincvs.org/
Get the 1.1beta, it works quite right.

Read the help file. If I remember correctly, you just have to :
Use the menu entry "Create->Checkout Module", and select the directory
you'd like to checkout (download) the vtk CVS directory.
Enter the module name and path to the server :
         anonymous at www.visualizationtoolkit.org:/vtk/cvsroot
if it complains about login in, use "Admin->Login" to log you with 'vtk' as
password.
You may have to create a repository first.

Please, could you write down the steps, so that I could add a FAQ ?
Hope it helps