[vtkusers] Build error using vtk3.2 and question about reqlist.txt

Yurek Dabrowski dabro at pacwan.fr
Wed Jan 17 13:01:11 EST 2001

hi all,

I'm trying to compile an app using vtk3.2 and am getting the following
build error:

e:\vtk-src-windows\common\vtksystemincludes.h(57) : fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'vtkConfigure.h': No such file or directory

I searched the vtk source directories and can't find this include file
anywhere. Any ideas?

Also, I would like to build a nonincremental optimized version of vtk
containing only those files required by my app. I understand that there
is a magic file called "c:\reqlist.txt" that can be created to list
files that are depended on by the app. Next I run pcmaker to generate a
makefile, but get the following link errors when trying to build
vtkdll.dll:

vtkWedge.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
vtkOutput
WindowDisplayText(char const *)" (?vtkOutputWindowDisplayText@@YAXPBD at Z)

vtkUnsignedShortArray.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"void __cd
ecl vtkOutputWindowDisplayText(char const *)"
(?vtkOutputWindowDisplayText@@YAXP
BD at Z)

thanks...