[vtkusers] Separating VTKWindow

Arun Puri arunpuri at flashmail.com
Wed Jan 17 11:53:53 EST 2001

Hi All...
I am having the same problem. As I am new to VTK I couldnot get through to
understand what the reply meant. Can someone explain it with example code?
Also I couldnot find the vtkwin32renderwindow class in the documentation. Is
it there or that was just a typo?

Thanks a lot.

Arun Puri

>But, after I call vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren->Start () the program
>hangs and I cannot get back to the command line utility. I tried making

You'll have to hook into the message handling code and ensure that when you
press a "certain" key (such as q or e) the message proc stops intercepting
messages and hands them back to the old message handler. Look at
vtkWin32RenderWindow and the interactor interface (i think from memory) and
you can see how the window allows a hook to be inserted. To close it during
operation like an on off switch will be a bit tedious, but ought to be
strightforward....

JB