[vtkusers] VTK-Build-Tcl link 2001 error

Wolfram H Volpi whv88240 at Bayou.UH.EDU
Tue Jan 16 04:07:37 EST 2001

Hello, everybody :-)

I am trying to build vtk on MS Visual Studio 6.0, but I get the
"vtktclgraphicsobjs.lib lnk2001" errors listed below.

VTK and Tcl were running fine before. Then I added a new class, and had a
link problem.
So I remove the new class and rebuilt, which gave me the error listed
below.

Then I tried building again, this time with pcmaker's "Build Tcl" check
box NOT checked.  This gave no errors.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for solving the VTK-Tcl-link
error?

Thank you,
Wolfv.

----------Configuration: makefile1 - Win32 Debug--------------------
.
.
.
making tcl library...
 link.exe @C:\TEMP\nma00227.
   Creating library ..\lib/vtktcl.lib and object ..\lib/vtktcl.exp
vtktclgraphicsobjs.lib(vtkAxesTcl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkAxes *
__cdecl vtkAxes::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkAxes@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
vtktclgraphicsobjs.lib(vtkAttributeDataToFieldDataFilterTcl.obj) : error
LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static
class vtkAttributeDataToFieldDataFilter * __cdecl
vtkAttributeDataToFieldDataFilter::New(void)" (__imp
_?New at vtkAttributeDataToFieldDataFilter@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
..\lib/vtktcl.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visualization
Studio\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
Error executing NMAKE.

makefile1.exe - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)