[vtkusers] Difference between two surfaces.

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Sun Jan 14 23:57:40 EST 2001

If I have a surface A, and a surface B, is it possible to generate a
difference map showing how much surface B differs from A.
I envisage A to be a reference map of some terrain and B to the actual map
of the terrain (say scanned by radar or laser). So I want to calculate a
height map showing the difference of B from A. I cannot just subtract the
height in A from B because it is unlikely that the coordinates in A will
match those sampled in B.

Can someone please give me some clues or point me in the right direction?
Maybe someone has done something similar in this area or a biological area.

Thanks
   Andrew