[vtkusers] Probing of Structured Grid with Structured Points

Patrick Lowry plowry at scotia-group.com
Fri Jan 12 13:45:12 EST 2001

Hi Wil:

I would appreciate your assistance.

I am having difficulty using the probing feature of VTK.  I have had good
luck probing structured points but can not seem to probe a structured grid.
 The VTK users guide indicates the utility of sampling unstructured data
with structured points.  When I try this on a structured grid it does not
work.  First of all, just creating structured points and using them to
probe a structured grid does not work without using an intermediate filter.
 Secondly, the output from the probe that I am trying will not contour.
The data show up only as points.  I am sure I am just missing fundamental
processing steps.

When I try to probe a large irregular structured grid with structured
points, the process continues without end.  This even when I use an
intermediate filter to process the structured points.  The are some 2.4
million structured grid points and the structured points are dimensioned
200x100x400.  Should I expect the process to take an hour or more on a PIII
700 or is it just hanging?

Can you provide some guidance.

Thanks,
Patrick Lowry