[vtkusers] vtk3.2 Beta rpm feedback

James E. Fowler fowler at ece.msstate.edu
Thu Jan 11 12:18:29 EST 2001

While we're on the subject, here are a few more comments concerning the
RPMs (note: I'm using Red Hat 6.1).

> > - connot build any of the c++ examples because the makefile in
> > /usr/lib/vtk/graphics/examplesCxx includes ../../system.make and
> > ../../user.make which didn't come with any rpms (same thing
> > for./imaging/examplesCxx) .

Actually, it appears the Makefile for /usr/lib/vtk/imaging/examplesCxx
is entirely missing from the vtk-examples RPM.

Additionally, the file
/usr/lib/vtk/imaging/examplesCxx/SaveViewerImage.h is also missing (this
is needed to build ImportExport.cxx).

Another suggestion: it would be might be more in tune with the Linux FHS
to move all the examples to /usr/share/vtk since, as source code, they
are architecture independent.

|                         Dr. James E. Fowler                         |
|                         Assistant Professor                         |
|            Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering          |
|                     Mississippi State University                    |
|                        fowler at ece.msstate.edu                       |
---------- Postal Address ---------------------- Contact Info ---------
|    Box 9571, 216 Simrall          |       Phone: (662)325-3640      |
|    Mississippi State, MS 39762    |         Fax: (662)325-2298      |
|    USA                            |      Office: Rm. 406 Simrall    |