[vtkusers] vtk3.2 Beta rpm feedback

David D. Marshall gte552m at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 10 15:52:02 EST 2001

I installed all of the vtk3.2 beta rpm's onto a fresh Mandrake 7.2
installation, and here are the problems so far:

- the include file directory does not have the correct permissions (needed to
chmod +x /usr/include/vtk)

- cannot run any tk scripts because the version of tk that comes with
Mandrake is 8.3.2 and it does not have tkMainWindowList symbol in libtk.so

- connot build any of the c++ examples because the makefile in
/usr/lib/vtk/graphics/examplesCxx includes ../../system.make and
../../user.make which didn't come with any rpms (same thing
for./imaging/examplesCxx) .

- My application that I wrote inherits from vtkSource and now the Execute()
method never gets called, only the ExecuteInformation().  It holds an output
a class that inherits from vtkStructuredGrid.  It worked for vtk-3.1-576N.
I'll keep diging, but hopefully someone knows what changed so that I can fix
this.

Thanks for the help.

--
David D. Marshall