[vtkusers] animation and vtkRenderWindowInteractor

christopher moore aeolus at ocean.washington.edu
Mon Jan 8 14:24:33 EST 2001

vtkFolks->Hi();

How can I animate an object, and interact with the scene at the same time?

Here's the problem:  I modified Hanoi.cxx by simply adding a
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.  If I put the Start() method before the code
that moves the pucks, then the pucks never move.  If I put the Start()
method after the code that moves the pucks, then the whole animation goes
to completion before the user can interact with the scene.

How can I view the animation from different angles while the animation
runs?  Perhaps put the puck-moving code into an event loop?  I'd like the
puck-moving code in it's own thread, so I can pan/zoom/rotate _while_ the
pucks are moving.

Any hints?

vtkUser->Delete();
Christopher Moore                             tel 206.526.6779
Research Scientist, Oceanography              fax 206.526.6744
University of Washington/JISAO/NOAA-PMEL