[vtkusers] Re: VTK and CYGWIN

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Mon Jan 8 11:14:19 EST 2001

>I gave this a try about 3 months ago.   For cygwin, you
>don't use pcmaker, but rather the unix autoconf stuff.
>There are only a few small changes that need to be made to the
>make rules to get it to work.  However, at the time I tried
>it I found that cygwin was too broken to use.   It built all
>of the .o files, but the linker seg-faulted when trying to link
>the graphics dll, or link against the static libraries.  It
>would seem that vtk was too big for cygwin at that point.

I'm getting the same problem, but I figure we should be able to use the DLL that
is available from the binary installation.  Unfortunately, when following the
instructions from the Cygwin web site, I still get the undefined symbols saying
the functions do not exist.

Since we are porting our stuff over from UNIX, it would be nice if I could use
this tool...  Oh well, maybe I'll play with it some more, but if anyone else
makes some progress, please let us know!

Cheers,
Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                                                       +
+      joey at swri.org                      "I intend to live forever,       +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey        so far, so good...               +