[vtkusers] Extents? Surely it's wrong this way? : was ....

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 12:19:22 EST 2001

Lisa, Charles

>Have you tried calling shrink->UpdateWholeExtent() instead of
>shrink->Update()? I think this should do what you want.

Perfect. Thanks for the help. All is well now. One last question, Is there
an equivalent that can be used on vtkDataObject?
ie
vtkSource *s = mysterydataobject->GetSource()
if (s) s->UpdateWholeExtent()

replace with
mysterydataobject->SuperDooperUpdateWholeExtentReally();

I guess the nearest is
mysterydataobject->SetUpdateExtent(0,-1,0,-1,0,-1)
mysterydataobject->Update()

Thanks to both of you. All my filters are behaving as expected again and I
won't have any more sleepless nights worrying about Extents.

JB