[vtkusers] CVS 1.741 (and 1.740?): sphere-bench 'could not find requested method: Update'

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-vtk at barre.nom.fr
Sat Jan 6 05:05:13 EST 2001

Hi Dieter

I'm the author of the (clumsy) sphere-bench script. Neither Will or Kitware
are guilty :)

>SunWave1>vtk sphere-bench.tcl
>Error in startup script: Object named: sphere_actor, could not find requested
>method: Update
>or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

You are right, the Update method of vtkActor has been removed.
The line 456 :
     sphere_actor Update
is indeed (to say the least) stupid (a reminder of how bad I was at
understanding the VTK pipeline at the time I started writing it).

You can safely remove it or download version 2.3 at :
http://vtk.barre.nom.fr/bench.html

Thanks for the feedback.