[vtkusers] vtk without DISPLAY

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Tue Feb 13 16:53:42 EST 2001

Hi Patrick,

I think you have missed the point.  Erik most likely wants to either
run batch jobs on a remote machine without requiring an X connection
back to his own machine, or he want to be able to nohup the vtk process so
that he can log out of his machine without killing the batch job.

As far as I know, neither of these are possible with the tcl vtk
executable because the vtk executable requires an X connection.
There are ways to work around this, but I can't think of any
trivial ways to do so.

 - David