[vtkusers] problem with vtk4.0/Tcl

Stefan Woelki stefan.woelki at freenet.de
Mon Dec 31 09:23:39 EST 2001

Happy new year to all of you...

I have a little problem with vtk4.0 and Tcl:
In order to make the vtk4.0 package work in a standard Tcl-interpreter i
followed the instructions given by of Sebastien Barre in
"VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/README". My Tcl auto_path variable is
/usr/local/lib/vtk/tcl.
Unfortunately this doesn't "do the trick", at least not for me.
While the vtk-interpreter works, the standard tcl-interpreter cannot
load the package correctly.
If i do:
  $ wish
  % package require vtk
i get:
  ::vtk::load_component: vtkCommonTCL could not be found.
  can't find package vtkcommon
Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

PS: I'm working on a RedHat Linux 7.2 Intel machine.

Thanks in advance

Stefan