[vtkusers] Can the Learning Edition of Microsoft Visual C++ be used?

Richard Dybowski rdybowski at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 29 12:39:15 EST 2001

I am new to VTK and I would like to use the files and libraries available
for C++ development. Can I use the Learning Edition of Microsoft Visual C++
or must I upgrade to the Professional Edition? One of the differences
between these two editions is that the Learning Edition does *not* support
static linkage to the MFC library. An executable developed with the
Learning Edition will require that the MFC library code be available as a
DLL. Will this be a problem?

Richard