[vtkusers] instances of vtkQuad in vtkStructuredGrid

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Dec 28 08:24:26 EST 2001

Hi Marc-

>I would like to insert instances of vtkQuad in a vtkStructuredGrid.
>I know how to insert points, vectors, normals, but I couldn't find the
>appropriate method (combination of methods) to enter an arbitrary
>cell into the structured grid. According to the class hierarchy this
>should be possible. But how do I do this?

A structured grid is defined implicitly: that is, by the specification of
dimensions, e.g., 10x20x30. If the dimensions indicate a 3D grid then the
cells are implicitly  hexahedron. If the dimensions are 2D (e.g., 10x20x1)
then the cells are implicitly quadrilaterals. You don't insert cells
directly: just dimensions and points.

Will