[vtkusers] CMake and VTK RPMS for Red Hat 7.2

Dave Reed dreed at capital.edu
Mon Dec 24 10:04:33 EST 2001

I decided to learn a little bit about making RPM files so I made RPMs
for Red Hat 7.2 out of CMake1.0-src-unix.tar.gz and vtk40Src.tar.gz (I
installed them with the prefix /usr/local rather than the usual place
for RedHat RPMS in /usr).

I configured it with:

cmake . -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING="-O2"
-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING="-O2" -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON
-DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF -DVTK_USE_PATENTED:BOOL=ON
-DVTK_USE_RENDERING:BOOL=ON -DVTK_WRAP_PYTHON:BOOL=ON -DVTK_WRAP_TCL:BOOL=ON

so no parallel classes, but I did generate the Python and Tcl
bindings.

Is there any interest in these being made available?

Dave