[vtkusers] How to compile the vtkdll.dll into serval files like vtkimaging.dll, vtkgraphics..dll .,.......?( in vtk32)

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Fri Dec 21 13:36:42 EST 2001

Hi Zhang,

This is a fairly common question.  To build vtk as many small dlls, run
pcmaker like usual, and then run 'nmake' in the vtkbin base directory
to build a whole bunch of dlls in vtkbin/lib.

To build one big dll, run 'nmake' in the vtkbin/vtkdll directory.  This
will build vtkbin/vtkdll/vtkdll.dll. If you also want python or tcl, to
go with the big vtkdll.dll, you will have to run nmake in vtkbin/vtktcl
(to build vtkbin/vtktcl/vtktcl.dll) and in vtkbin/vtkpython
(to build vtkbin/vtkpython/vtkpython.dll).

 - David