[vtkusers] How do I find out if a point lies inside /outside the boundaries of a irregularly shaped 2D polydata ?

Terence Lim tlim at mda.ca
Thu Dec 20 20:20:30 EST 2001

Hi vtkusers,

I have 2 polydata objects, a mesh created by vtkDelaunay2D, and a square
grid which has a similar topology to that mesh.  The problem is that the
mesh (in 2D, i.e xy plane) is of an irregular shape and the grid is shaped
like a rectangle. I want to display only the areas of the rectangle that
exist on the mesh.  In other words, I do not want to display the areas on
the grid that do not exist on the mesh.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,

Terence