[vtkusers] VTK 4.0 Local?

Mumit Khan khan at nanotech.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 18 16:58:22 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, William A. Hoffman wrote:

> You can create one yourself with cmake.
>
> Just create a  LocalUserOptions.cmake at the top with a
> SUBDIRS(Local) in it.
>
> You will need another LocalUserOptions.cmake in the Wrapping/Tcl/
> directory as well.
> That should have a LINK_LIBRARIES(vtkLocal) in it.
>
> We don't want any user editable files in the source tree.
> This was a problem with vtk in the past.   It was too easy to cvs commit
> those files by mistake.

May I suggest a contrib package (.tar.gz, .zip, what not) that has the
skeleton files needed for Local? The following files should cover the
basic need:

  VTK/LocalUserOptions.cmake
  VTK/Local/CMakeLists.txt
  VTK/Local/vtkDummyObject.cxx
  VTK/Local/vtkDummyObject.h
  VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/LocalUserOptions.cmake
  VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/vtklocal/CMakeLists.txt
  VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/vtklocal/pkgIndex.tcl
  VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/vtklocal/vtklocal.tcl

Where vtkDummyObject.{h,cxx} is just what the name implies. If there's
interest, I'll package it up.

Regards,
Mumit