[vtkusers] Faster RenderWindow or Mouse Interaction with ImageWindow.

Sam Behashtei behashtei at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 16 16:56:27 EST 2001

Hello,

I am writing an application with C++ (ActiveX Controller) on an athlon600,
with 512MB RAM.  This Controller must display a serious of TIFF images
(100-200) in high frame rate such as 15 frames/sec and up and also provide
mouse interaction.

The fastest frame rate I have been able to get by using RenderWindow is 5
frames/sec and the fastest rate with ImageWindow is 26 frames/sec? So
naturally I am leaning toward ImageWindow, but I also need to have mouse
interaction with the window/image, so far I have come to believe that
ImageWindow doesn't’t seem to provide any hooks, such as InteractorStyle.

The time consuming part on the RenderWindw is having planes, Lookup Tables,
and texturing mapping.

If anyone can confirm my findings, or point me the right direction to use
RenderWindow I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced,

Sam Behashtei