[vtkusers] Volume Mapper - VTK2.3 to VTK3.1.2

Carlos Frederico Penedo Rocha carlos at lcad.icmc.sc.usp.br
Fri Dec 14 16:04:12 EST 2001

Hi,

  I made a myVolumeMapper class and inherited it from vtkVolumeMapper in VTK
2.3. I am trying to update myVolumeMapper to VTK 3.1.2 but I am having a few
problems.

  I created a Render() method in myVolumeMapper class and, when I use VTK
3.1.2, this method does not seem to be called.

  In VTK 2.3 there was a method named UpdateVolumes() from vtkRenderer class.
This method was responsible for calling Render() from vtkRayCaster, which in
its turn responsible for calling the myRender() method present in
myVolumeMapper.

  Since UpdateVolumes() no longer exists in VTK 3.1.2, I wonder how I could get
the myRender() method to work.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Carlos F.