[vtkusers] array name in vtkFieldData

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 13 12:09:37 EST 2001

Hi,

I am just converting over to vtk4.0. I have some code that uses
vtkFieldData. I have
notices that the method "SetArrayName" is gone from this class. The
documentation
indicates that one can "GetArrayName" and the two of the GetArray methods still
have array name arguments but there seems to be no way to set the array
name. Am
I missing something? I notice that I dont have to use the array name
functionality to access
arrays as long as I recall what the index of the array is. I also see that
SetArray is now
protected. I guess the approved method to use is the AddArray. Has the
array name
functionality been removed from vtkFieldData?

Best Regards,
Dave

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu