[vtkusers] Performance issues

Kitya Karlson AKA Nikita Kojekine karlson at stu.mech.titech.ac.jp
Tue Dec 11 02:38:51 EST 2001

Dear sirs!
I have made a programm using vtk under windows2000 for making
animations.
I have a simple model 1000 vertices only and I'm making an animation of
it
on
Athlon 1Ghz, VIA KT133, ATI Radeon 8500 64MB, 650MB RAM, Windows 2000.
I get only 15 frames/second for rendering, when all hardware
acceleration on video board is on. if i disable hardware acceleration on
video board using windows screen proprieties I get 50 frames/second!
I have made ImmediateModeRenderingOn in mapper and with acceleration the
speed of rendering increased to 178 frames/second and remained the same
without it.
do you know what can that mean?
Thank you!