[vtkusers] VC++, Filters and pipelines

Joao Filipe de Castro Ferreira jfilipe at isr.uc.pt
Mon Dec 10 16:18:07 EST 2001

 Greetings

 I have been trying to implement, until now unsuccessfully, something
similar to the TCL example "Decimate.tcl" in MFC/VC++.

 The general question for which I need help in finding the answer is:

 How does one discard pipeline information from the vtkMapper? That is,
imagine that one wants to apply a filter on top of a vtkPolyData that is
the final result from a pipeline; what I would like, as is what happens on
the "Decimate.tcl" example, is that one could stack filter upon filter
with only one level of undo, always rendering the final result.

 Until now, I have managed only to obtain one of two unsatisfactory
results:

 - while trying to emulate the "Decimate.tcl" example, the filter seems to
be applied to no purpose, since only the original pipeline gets rendered;

 - experimenting wildly, the filter is applied but only as the final
filter of the original pipeline, which means that I cannot reuse it
(someone on this list, by the way, has had the same problem in one of the
most recent digests - the "no data available for decimating" message for
the decimator filter).

 What am I doing wrong? Please help...

			Sorry for the cumbersome (confusing?) thread,
								JFC