[vtkusers] vtk as JNI

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Mon Dec 10 10:46:31 EST 2001

Hi EveryOne

I just more or less completed using vtk as a native code in my java
application. I am going to use Java to do the user interface and the
code I developed in c/c++ with vtk is used as a native code. I use the
canvas class of jdk to extract the window handle etc and pass it to
the native code to do the rendering in this window created by java. The
canvas paint method is native in which the vtk pipeline is created and
rendered.With this method you dont have to use the java wrapper of vtk and
also
if you have already running vtk application in C you dont have to re-write
the code in java if you want to deploy the whole thing as a java
application.
The whole things works quite nicely.
If anyone is interested I would be quite happy to share the code/idea

Regards
Gowri