[vtkusers] compiling vtk under FreeBSD 4.4 with SMP?

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Thu Dec 6 16:17:20 EST 2001

Hi Elvis,

It's been a while since I've seen you on the list!
Welcome back! (Or maybe I just haven't been paying
attention recently).

With VTK 3.2, I'm fairly confident that 'configure'
should automatically set up SMP if the pthreads library
exists on the computer.  Are you sure the FreeBSD version
doesn't use pthreads already?

Otherwise, if you could get in touch with whoever is
maintaining the port, it should definitely be set up
for pthreads.

I've used the Matrox G400 with DRI under linux, and it
works well except that for some reason the textures are
always 16-bit, and I can't find any way to force them to
be 32-bit.  Under the old utah-glx drivers 32-bit textures
were possible.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group