[vtkusers] ~argh! vtkDataSetToStructuredGridFilter?!

Terence Lim tlim at mda.ca
Wed Dec 5 18:57:01 EST 2001

Hi again vtkusers!

I can't seem to do anything right today! I was reading the man page for
vtkDataSetToStructuredGridFilter and I noticed that the description states
that it "is an abstract filter class whose subclasses take as input any
dataset and generate a structured grid on output."  I haven't been able to
find any of these subclasses. I have checked the class hierarchy page and
there appears to be none listed.  Does vtkDataSetToStructuredGridFilter
have any subclasses?

Is there a class in vtk that:

1- takes any dataset (In my case, a randomly distributed set of points)
2-generates some sort of mesh (or something that creates a relationship
between the points)
3-stores the result in a vtkstructuredgrid

If such a class does not exist, does anyone know of a way to do this in vtk?
Any ideas?

Thanks again,
-Terence