[vtkusers] Interpolation of points: what is the easiest way to do this in vtk?

Terence Lim tlim at mda.ca
Wed Dec 5 12:31:41 EST 2001

Hi again vtkusers,

I have a set of points (x,y,z) . First I would like to put these point into
a grid.  I would then try to access some point in this grid using only the x
and y coordinates inorder to get a resulting z value.  The z value would be
the result of some interpolation method (nearestneighbor, bilinear, etc) if
this point is not already defined in the original point set.
It seems to that I can use either vtkUnstructuredGrid or vtkStructuredGrid
to contain the original points however I am not sure as to how I would be
able to do the interpolate part.

Can anyone help?

Thanks In Advance,

Terence Lim