[vtkusers] Data Bounds changed using vtkExtractVectorComponents filter

Zhengyu Zhang zzhang3 at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 4 09:45:26 EST 2001

Hi,

I have a data file of Structured Points data, with bounds -10,10,-10,10,-10,10
I used vtkExtractVectorComponents filter and found data bounds changed.

part of my pipeline:

vtkDataSetReader uR
	 uR SetVectorsName disp
vtkExtractVectorComponents uxyz
   	uxyz SetInput [uR GetOutput]
vtkcutter cutter
	cutter SetInput [uxyz GetVzComponent]
	cutter SetCutFunction planez

I ploted the results and found now data is only in 0 9 0 9 0 9 range!
Then I checked bounds and found uR has the right bounds, uxyz
doesn't provide the method, cutter has wrong bounds value.

Anybody met this problem before? Could you give me some hint?
Help most appreciated.

Zhengyu