[vtkusers] Building VTK with OSX 10.1 and Python 2.2b2

Marcel Prastawa prastawa at cs.unc.edu
Sat Dec 1 21:54:57 EST 2001

I managed to build VTK with Python2.2 on OS X 10.1.

 From your message, I am getting the impression that you hacked the
Makefile to add the headers/paths. You should be messing with
CMakeCache.txt instead.

The error message is not very helpful. Can you give more details?
I can't really see what is going on...

It seems like you're building the VTK Python wrappers as a bundle (.so).
Did you use these flags: "-bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress"?
You don't have to build them as flat namespace binaries, but it is
easier (I think).

Marcel