[vtkusers] vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor - My Own Bindings

Ted Christiansen ted at caept.com
Thu Aug 30 15:09:02 EDT 2001

Hello,

I am having trouble defining my own bindings for the
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor class in my MFC based program.  I like
the way the interactor works, but I would like to control the different
motions in the GUI myself, i.e. pan, rotate, zoom.  I have looked at the
declaration and found an OnMouseMove function:

virtual void OnMouseMove  (HWND wnd, UINT nFlags, int X, int Y);

But when I call this instead of using WindowProc, it doesn't work.  I am
passing MK_LBUTTON ORd with MK_SHIFT (makes 5) in nFlags and the CPoint
point.x and point.y into X and Y.  I think this is right, yet it doesn't
work.

What am I missing?

Ted