[vtkusers] capping off an isosurface

Gala'Vi and Liss @ Mainframe Country pushkare at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 21 20:59:59 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have a question about capping off an isosurface. I have an image, I
generate a contour from that image and I want to turn that contour into a
flat polygon (or a 3D object). I use the vtkLinearExtrusionFilter and set
Capping to ON. But I'm not seeing the caps! It does extrude the contour
up, but doesn't cap. I've tried vtkClipPolyData also and that didn't do
anything either, vtkCutter didn't work either.

Did anyone ever got that to work? The only message about this problem that
I found in the archives dated back to 1999.

Thanks.

-- Gala

  -- There is always a way,
        you just have to find it.